Why the computer does not see the iPhone via USB: a solution to the problem
Sometimes the owners of "apple" mobile phones are thinking through USB. This method of connecting gadgets is used quite often. For example, to restore the iPhone. And if the computer stops seeing the phone, a number of problems arise. Why is this happening? And how to deal with such situations? We will tell about all this below. Often there is no real reason for panic. Therefore, even a student will cope with the task.
Why the computer does not see the iPhone via USB? To answer this question is more difficult than it seems. After all, both the phone and the computer are complex technology. Even a small operating system failure can lead to the situation being studied.
Most often, users encounter the following sources of problems:
- mechanical damage to the USB cable;
- failure of USB-ports and connectors on the iPhone;
- outdated software;
- the absence or installation of old versions of drivers;
- old OS (on computer or phone);
- software conflict on the computer;
- anti-virus bans;
- hardware damage and malfunctions in the smartphone.
In fact, fixing most of these problems is easier than it seems. And then we will figure out how to improve the performance of "apple" phones when connected to a computer.
About proper joining
Why the computer stopped seeing the iPhone via USB? It is possible that the user simply connected the devices incorrectly to each other. Such situations really occur in practice.
So, to properly connect your iPhone to your PC, you will need:
- Install and run iTunes.
- Insert one end of the USB cable into the iPhone, the other into the “UEsBi” socket on the computer.
- Wait for a while.
A few seconds after such a connection, the iPhone will synchronize with the computer. iTunes will see the appropriate technique, after which it will be possible to work with it further.
Why the computer does not see the iPhone via USB? The fact is that synchronization of devices is possible only under the condition that the PC and smartphone are included.
Accordingly, sometimes users try to connect a discharged or turned off iPhone to a computer, and this is not possible.
How to fix the situation? For example:
- Recharge your iPhone and retry syncing.
- Just turn on the phone. The reception works if there is at least some battery power on the smartphone.
But, as practice shows, the proposed problem is not so common. And even a schoolboy can fix it. What if the computer does not see the iPhone via USB, provided that all the equipment is turned on?
The connection wire may be damaged. Then the only right decision would be to replace the cable. You can buy it at any specialty store (with accessories for Apple or with computer equipment).
To check the performance of the USB cable, you will need to carefully examine it. Maybe some kind of damage will be noticeable on the surface. It is advisable to connect the cable to another phone and computer.
Sometimes the connection cable becomes too long to cause synchronization failures. For example, bought independently in the store.Replacing the wire to a shorter one, the problem can be fixed.
The computer does not see the iPhone 6 via USB? If the cable is OK, it's time to check the device jacks. Their damage is occasionally noticeable to the eye.
- Connect to the computer (to the "problem" jack) another device. For example, a flash drive.
- Connect the smartphone through the corresponding jack to another device.
In the first case, the gadget was not defined by the operating system? So the USB connector is damaged. It is enough to connect the cable to another port, as the problem disappears.
In the second case, you will have to take the iPhone to the service center. Only after fixing the connector on the phone will it be possible to synchronize it with a PC.
Antivirus and Firewall
The computer stopped seeing the iPhone via USB? Sometimes users note that this problem occurs with an active firewall and antivirus. These applications can block access to the operating system programs and other devices.
It is enough to turn them off to correct the situation. This is done like this:
- Right-click on the antivirus icon in the tray and select the "Exit" option.The corresponding button under the "Disable" view can be found in the program settings.
- Go to "Start" - "Control Panel" - "System and Security" - "Administration" - "Services". Go to the "Firewall" and check the box next to "Disable".
Done! Now you can try to connect again. It is advisable to restart the computer after the done manipulations.
The computer does not see the iPhone 5S via USB? If this problem does not occur for the first time, you will have to check the OS for viruses. Malicious software can completely destroy computer software. Often the lack of synchronization with peripheral devices on the PC indicates the presence of viruses.
All the user needs to do is scan the operating system using any antivirus. Detected dangerous objects are treated with a special button. What cannot be deleted is either sent to quarantine or completely deleted.
It is advisable to run the SpyHunter program after scanning. It helps to find and remove computer spies. Because of them, too, sometimes there are problems with synchronizing devices on the PC. The application works like an antivirus.
Why the computer does not see the iPhone via USB? If the user has not updated the operating system for a long time (including on the phone), and also if he is using old software, the problem will be obvious. Over time, outdated versions of applications simply cease to be supported.
To resolve the problem you need:
- Update Windows. For this, the operating system has an "Update Wizard".
- Perform an iOS update. You will need to go to "Settings" - "Software Update", having previously connected to Wi-Fi, and then click on the "Update" button.
- Remove the old version of iTunes and download the latest build of the application to your computer. After its initialization, the problem with synchronizing the phone will be fixed.
Everything is simple and clear. Software upgrades are cost free. All listed programs and applications are distributed free of charge.
Still, it is not clear why the computer does not see the iPhone via USB? All of these scenarios are not suitable?
It is worth paying attention to the drivers installed on the computer. Their absence or outdated version may cause synchronization problems.
Update recommended all drivers.Some of them can be downloaded via the Windows Update Wizard. The rest will have to download independently.
The driver update algorithm is as follows:
- Open the website of the manufacturer of a device.
- Select the model of the device.
- Specify the operating system used.
- Download the installation file.
- Run the installation wizard and follow the instructions on the screen to complete the process.
You can do otherwise. To update the driver you need:
- Open the "Device Manager".
- Select the necessary equipment and click on it RMB.
- Go to the "Properties" section.
- Open the "Drivers".
- Click on "Update".
A few minutes of waiting - and it's done. Everything is not so difficult as it seems.
Apple Mobile Device
Wondering why the computer does not see the iPhone 4 via USB, users sometimes notice that the failure occurs when the Apple Mobile Device service starts up. As a rule, this is just a glitch. You can fix it by restarting the appropriate software.
If the launch error of the Apple Mobile Device has not disappeared, you will have to completely reinstall the service. It is advisable to do this with the iTunes update.
We found out why the computer does not see the iPhone via USB. The listed ways to fix the problem did not help? Worth trying something else. The fact is that in some cases, the problem under study arises due to system failures of iOS. Eliminate them helps forced reboot the "apple" device.
This is done like this:
- Press the bottom volume button or the Home button (iPhone 6 and up).
- Press the "Power" button.
- Keep the controls pressed for about 10 seconds.
That's all. After rebooting the phone, you can try to reconnect it to the PC. In case of failure will have to contact the service centers. There will quickly help fix the situation.