What is included in the egg

Eggs - this is perhaps the most famous productpower supply. We eat mainly chicken (less often goose) eggs, but eggs for all birds that exist in nature are suitable for eating. Some people eat exotic food for us. A special delicacy, for example, are eggs of turtles and spider-tarantula. We will not dive into the delights of gourmets, but let's talk about the composition of the eggs that are habitual for us, chicken. After all, this product has a considerable nutritional value for our body.

Chemical composition of eggs

egg compositionAny egg consists of a protein part and yolk. Egg protein is 90% water, and the remaining 10% is proteins. Yolk, also contains proteins and, in addition to them - fats and cholesterol. So, in a well-brewed egg contains 10.6 g of fat, 12.6 g of proteins and 424 milligrams of cholesterol.

Chicken egg, protein content:

The protein contains:

  • water - 85 percent;
  • fats - 0,4 percent;
  • protein - 12.7 percent;
  • carbohydrates - 0.6 percent;
  • the rest is glucose, enzymes and B vitamins.

Ingredients of chicken protein:

  • 54% - prevailing in the product ovalbumin, which was the very first (singled out in 1889) element;
  • 12-13% is conalbumin (ovotransferrin). It has antibacterial properties, and in conjunction with lysozyme (which is also contained in the egg), this effect is greatly enhanced;
  • 3,3-3,5% is lysozyme. One of the well-known and commercially useful components of the egg. It was opened in 1922 and is used as a bacteriolytic enzyme;
  • 2-3.5% - ovomycin;
  • 2% - ovoglobulins.

chicken egg compositionEgg composition - yolk

It accounts for about 33% of the liquid composition of the product. The yolk contains about 60 calories. This is 3 times more than in a protein.

The yolk contains the following fatty acids:

  1. Polyunsaturated acids.
  2. Monounsaturated acids.
  3. Saturated acids:
  • linoleic - 16%;
  • linolenic - 3%;
  • oleic - 47%;
  • myristic - 1%;
  • palmitic - 23%;
  • palmitoleinic - 5%;
  • stearic - 4%.

Nutritional value of the product

chicken egg compositionAccording to dieticians, on their nutritionalThe value of a chicken egg almost catches up with black and red caviar. It is equivalent to a piece of medium-sized beef or a glass of milk. In addition, the egg is an independent and balanced food product, and this means that the percentage of its absorption by the body reaches 98%. True, with a small caveat - to cook eggs you need soft-boiled, then they will retain all their useful properties. All disputes about the dangers and benefits of eggs in their bulk are reduced to the content of cholesterol in them. It is known that a significant health hazard is caused by its overabundance. Nevertheless, in small quantities it is indispensable for the operation of blood vessels and heart. The daily rate is 300 mg.

Raw eggs

Some people probably do not know that you can notthere are a lot of raw eggs, as the substance that is part of the chicken egg (trypsin inhibitor) greatly slows the digestion process. But in the boiled it is no longer, because at 70 degrees it is completely destroyed. Therefore, heat-treated eggs can be eaten without fear.

So, as we have seen, the composition of the egg is very complexand diverse. Its components are essential elements for a balanced diet. Refuse to take this valuable food will only those people who have an allergy to it.

Related news

What is included in the egg What is included in the egg What is included in the egg What is included in the egg What is included in the egg What is included in the egg What is included in the egg What is included in the egg What is included in the egg What is included in the egg