What is extracurricular reading? References for grade 3
There is such a mysterious subject in elementary schoolas extracurricular reading. It would seem that there is no extra hour for this subject, there are no marks for it, but the teacher gives assignments to the house and conducts lessons. We propose to talk about what is extra-curricular reading. And of course, you will get a nice bonus - a list of literature for extracurricular reading in grade 3!
Extra-curricular reading: goals and objectives
Extracurricular, say teachers, then - homereading, outside the textbook. This subject is needed to introduce schoolchildren into the world of books. In this case, the main condition - the child should be interesting. The main tasks can be considered:
- educational - the student must learn to read consciously;
- educational - extracurricular reading expands the horizon, brings up moral qualities;
- developing - in addition to reading skills, this subject develops creative abilities and oral speech.
What kind of literature for extracurricular reading in the third grade will stimulate readers' interest and teach schoolchildren to regular independent reading?
The best books for third-graders are those in which you can find new friends! For this, the following works are suitable:
- "Amazing Journey of Edward the Rabbit." This Kate DiCamillo story begins with the fact that the grandmother gives Abilin's granddaughter a toy rabbit with the human name Edward, made of porcelain. He has everything - silk suits, watches on a chain and the love of a small hostess. But Edward does not love anyone. One day the rabbit falls over the side of the ship. It is caught by an old fisherman, and from this moment begins the path full of difficulties and trials. Whether the porcelain heart will recoil, the children will learn from the book.
- "Lady Daisy" is also a book about friendship. True, not quite the usual: the main characters of the story, written by Dick King-Smith, are the boy Ned and the talking doll!
- "A fairy tale in broad daylight", written by V. Vitkovic and G. Jagfeld occupies a special place among the books for extracurricular reading in the third grade. This story about the boy Mitya, who saves time with his friends, is more than 50 years old.
- "Tales of" Children's World "by Sergei Sedov, toosuitable for extracurricular reading in the third grade. Events unfold in the toy department. Its main inhabitants are a huge Kitten, whose size exceeds the sizes of elephants and hippopotamuses, a giraffe on a bicycle, a small fluffy puppy, a gluttonous Shark. All these heroes are united by one dream - to become the best friend of any child!
- "Kid and Carlson" is an amazing story thatwill teach younger schoolchildren not only friendship, but also love and tolerance for those who sometimes do not deserve it. Despite the fact that the Kid is just a child, he feels completely grown-up that his capricious (and even ill-bred) friend needs understanding, attention and warmth. So he forgives him and appreciates.
Books about the family are also included in the literature for extracurricular reading in grade 3. What should students offer?
- "Stories about Peter", whose author is Kristiina Kass.
- "Fairy tales about Martha" by Dina Sabitova.
- "Waffle Heart" by Maria Parr.
- "There, from where the clouds", written by Igor Malyshev.
- "Grandmother on the apple tree", author of which is Mira Lobe.
People and animals
Of course, the programs of extracurricular reading in grade 3 have a number of differences. Therefore, the list of books presented below is approximate. For extracurricular reading we recommend:
- "Guys and the Beast" by the children's writer Olga Perovskaya;
- "A dog who did not want to be just a dog" by environmentalist Farley Mouet;
- "Tomasina" of an American writer named Paul Gallico;
- "The most beautiful horse" bard and writer Boris Almazov.
To the Victory Day
It is extremely important to include in the list of literature for extracurricular reading in grade 3 works dedicated to the victory in the Great Patriotic War. The following books are suitable:
- "The son of an artilleryman" Konstantin Simonov.
- "Triangular letter" by Anatoly Mityayev.
- "The Son of the Regiment" by Valentin Kataev.
- "A Girl from the City" written by Lyubov Voronkova.
- "As Seryozha went to war" Yuri Yakovlev.