Project redevelopment: what is this document and when not to do without it?
Repair in the apartment may be different. Someone is limited to sticking new wallpaper, painting the ceilings and replacing linoleum. Well, someone is starting to rework to the fullest: with the demolition of partitions between rooms, the arrangement of new openings for doors, the combination of a bathroom and a toilet in a single bathroom, etc. So, in the first case we are dealing with the usual redecoration, and in the second we have nothing but redevelopment of the apartment. In order for the process to be completely legal and not cause further problems in the design of the sale and purchase of the apartment, donation, insurance, etc., it is necessary to agree on the redevelopment in the city instances.
- that's who will become your best assistant in this, frankly, hard business. Your collaboration will begin with the development of a document such as a redevelopment project.It will reflect all future changes in the architecture of your apartment, the location of utilities, etc. Only if you have a competently designed project in your hands, you will be able to legitimize the redevelopment and get a new package of documents for an apartment.
Do I need a project?
There are cases where the redevelopment of the apartment can take place without the design of the project. So, the rework will not need to be legitimized if you decide:
- Partial or complete dismantling of non-bearing walls;
- put new windows that will differ in size from the old;
- to demolish or, on the contrary, to build a partition between the bathroom and toilet;
- lay open or cut through openings for doors in the internal non-capital walls;
- get rid of the pantry by attaching its area to the main living space;
- glaze the loggia, etc.
The redevelopment project must be drawn up and submitted for approval to the appropriate authorities, if the repair work will be capital in nature and relate to the supporting structures, the area of individual premises, the movement of sanitary equipment to another location,replacing a gas stove with an electric one, installing stairs in multi-level apartments, arranging warm floors, increasing the number of radiators, etc.
What changes are unacceptable in the project?
Anyone knows the answer to this question. So, when re-planning the following actions are not allowed:
- combination of a loggia / balcony with a room by demolishing external walls;
- transfer of heating radiators from the room to the external wall of the loggia;
- arrangement in the loggia of warm water floors powered by central heating;
- an increase in the area of the bathroom at the expense of the kitchen, and vice versa (in both cases only the corridor can be used);
- combining a living room with a kitchen in which a gas stove is installed (there must be doors, for example, sliding doors);
- eliminating the source of natural lighting in the kitchen (there should be a window or at least glass inserts on the door to the room through which light will enter the kitchen).
As you can see, there are quite a few nuances, so it is better to entrust the design of the project to specialists. Turning to the project organization, you get not only a guarantee of the competent design of the project itself, but also legal support when it is approved by the housing inspection.
And remember that the correct sequence of actions is "the development and coordination of the project -> redevelopment and repair in the apartment", and not vice versa. So in the future you will definitely not have any problems with the city authorities.
Successful repair and successful implementation of your design ideas!