Mannik classic: recipe with photos
This article is dedicated to lovers of interesting and original home baking. too many to remember all of them and the number of products that are required for each baking option. But you can learn the basic principles of cooking - products, possible additives, methods and techniques that will help in the study of this topic. We will talk about all this right now.
Mannik is a cake based on dried semolina. In many books there is a recipe for this simple cake - manna on kefir (a classic recipe) or another cooking option. Today we will get to know them.
Main products for cooking
Dry semolina should be of good quality, like other products for recipes. In a benign semolina grains are clearly visible in the total mass, their color - from light yellow to whitish. In no case do not buy semolina, resembling flour - from such pastries will not work worthy to show the guests.
Mannic (according to the classic recipe) can be prepared with the addition of flour in a small amount. Take baking wheat (top quality) or cereal. There are options for the dough for the cake with oatmeal, buckwheat, flax or rice flour. If you are not sure of the quality of the wheat flour you use, add 20-30 g of potato starch to it. This measure makes its adhesive properties stronger.
The sweetness of baking gives sugar. But it is possible to replace it. For this purpose, suitable natural flower honey, fructose or sugar-containing products - dried fruits. In this case, washed dried apricots, prunes and other dried fruits are ground into gruel and added directly to the dough, so that sweetness is throughout the whole mass of cake (see below for a step-by-step classic mannica recipe on kefir).
Liquid - milk, kefir, fruit juice or plain boiled water. It is in the liquid that the grains of dry semolina swell so that a complete baking dough is formed. Butter - butter, ghee or vegetable. It gives a soft and creamy flavor.
What to add?
At will and taste, the following components are added to the mannik (a classic recipe):
- ground or whole nuts (as decoration on the surface of the cake);
- dried fruits (even if there is already sugar in the dough, you can add raisins, cornels or something else to it);
- dried berries and fruits, candied fruits;
- seeds - sesame, sunflower;
- fruit (slices, mashed or ground with sugar);
- berries (fresh, frozen, dried);
- jam or jam;
- chocolate (grated or shredded);
- spicy herbs (mint, oregano).
Egg or banana?
For a bunch of dough, be sure to put eggs or banana in the dough The latter is the best replacement for ordinary chicken eggs. Before adding to the dough, bananas should be kneaded with a fork or ground in a mash using a blender.
Eggs are introduced into dough in two ways:
- Together with the other liquid products to preserve consistency.
- Yolks with liquid components, and proteins at the end (they must first be whipped into a strong foam with a small amount of salt).
The second method is another method of loosening the dough. Thick foam is added to the finished dough gently, so as not to break the structure. Movement should be from bottom to top with a spatula or tablespoon.
Spices for mannica
Spices that are commonly used in the preparation of sweet dishes are suitable for cake recipes. But their use is strictly individual and depends on the taste preferences of the hostess and her guests. You can take these spices and seasonings:
- turmeric or saffron (soaked in a small amount of boiling water) - gives a yellow-orange tint to the dough;
- Ginger is a very spicy spice, first try to take only a pinch of 1 kg of dough;
- cayenne pepper or other types of ground pepper - gives wit, used in sweet desserts and baking in very small quantities;
- cinnamon powder is a great option if there are apples or fruit puree in the pie filling;
- citrus peel - fresh or dried crushed peel of the fruit;
- anise - baking will get a light licorice flavor;
- vanilla - a classic in home baking;
- nutmeg - spicy sweetish taste.
The classic recipe for milk
Mannic prescription classic milk can be prepared from dry. To do this, simply dissolve it in boiling water (2 tablespoons of dry milk or cream per 200 ml of liquid) and wait for it to cool. So, we are preparing mannic. The recipe is a classic step by step.Recipe with a photo will help make the cake as quickly as possible.
Products you need:
- dry semolina - 3.5 st .;
- milk (any fat content) - 1 tbsp .;
- chicken eggs - 2 pcs .;
- butter (or margarine) - 50 g;
- sweet component (see above "Basic products for cooking") - 1 tbsp .;
- salt - 3-4 g;
- baking powder baking - 10 g;
- wheat flour (top grade) - 2-3 tbsp. l .;
- butter (or lean) - 1 tbsp. l
Mannik - a classic recipe:
- Beat the eggs with butter, milk, sugar and salt with a hand whisk. Need a homogeneous mixture.
- Add the semolina, baking powder and flour to the liquid mass. Mix well. If the dough seems too thin, do not worry, the semolina will swell and thicken.
- Leave the dough for a quarter of an hour right on the table.
- Cover the form with baking paper or food foil. Grease its surface with oil and pour the dough into it. Smooth the surface.
- Bake in the oven at 200 ° C for about 50 minutes. Baking time depends on the thickness of the dough and the temperature of the oven.
Mannik (a classic recipe with a photo in the article) can be decorated with powdered sugar, fruit jam or berries of jam.
Recipe with citrus (jellied pie)
Homemade shortbread dough is taken as the basis for such a cake. Allowed to take and puff.
What products will be needed for homemade short pastry:
- kefir - 0.5 st .;
- wheat flour (the highest grade) - 0.5 st .;
- margarine (or butter) - 100 g;
- sweet ingredient - 100 g;
- baking powder or baking soda - 1/4 tsp.
Products for the variant with puff pastry dough:
- wheat flour (top quality) - 300 g;
- margarine (or butter) - 100 g;
- cold water - 4 tbsp. l .;
- salt - 1-2 g
What products will be needed:
- dough (sand or puff) - 0.5 kg;
- semolina - 3 tbsp .;
- freshly squeezed citrus juice - 1 tbsp .;
- milk condensed with sugar - 1 tbsp .;
- ground ginger - pinch;
- nutmeg - pinch;
- ground cinnamon - on the tip of a knife.
Mannik - a classic step by step recipe:
- To get started, get citrus juice. For him, you can take one type of fruit or a mixture of them. These are lemons, oranges, tangerines or grapefruits. If you have lemons, feel free to add a little more sugar to the list of ingredients.
- In a bowl, mix the juice, sweet ingredient and semolina. Enter the spices - ginger, nutmeg and cinnamon. Stir again and leave for some time to swell the pieces of semolina.
- In the meantime, cover the baking dish with paper and roll out the dough. Lay the dough into the mold and make the sides.
- Put the semolina in the dough and flatten all with a spatula.
- Bake at 200 ° C for about one hour.
The finished manna (recipe classic in the oven) will have a soft but well-baked stuffing.
As a test basis for such a fill cake, you can use dry unsweetened cookies or crumb from a semi-finished product baked previously (biscuit, shortbread, yeast or puff). To make this pie, chop pieces of ready-to-cook food in a blender or meat grinder and mix it with a small amount of soft butter. The last component can be replaced with fat cream, margarine or milk. So, put this mass on a baking sheet and compact (press) to the form. Pour the filling, immediately bake the cake at a standard temperature.
Mannic based pumpkin
If you slightly change the ingredients of the past version of the cake, you will get another great dessert - manna with pumpkin according to the classic recipe. Simply replace the citrus juice with a juicy, grated pumpkin. Thus, semolina grains will no longer swell in simple juice, but in juice with pulp. The result will be a delicate and fragrant pumpkin manna. The recipe is a classic enriched with citrus zest.
Instead of mashed pumpkin you can take any mashed potatoes to taste and desire. Of course, the product must be suitable for baking and dough. You can not take onion puree or cabbage, as manna on kefir - a recipe for a classic sweet dessert.
Recipe with kefir
Step-by-step classic mannica recipe for kefir begins, like other options, with a choice of products. Among the ingredients there is a banana. It is used for dough bundles and, if desired, can be easily replaced with three chicken eggs C0 or C1.
What products will be needed:
- kefir (any fat content) - 300 g;
- dry semolina - 450 g;
- banana - 100 g;
- dried fruits (dried apricots) - 100 g;
- salt - 1/3 tsp;
- vanilla sugar (or extract) - 1/3 tsp;
- baking soda - 1/3 tsp.
The recipe for mannica classic step by step (recipe with photos):
- Rinse dried fruit and soak for half an hour in warm water. Then drain the water, and chop the fruit pieces into mashed potatoes in a blender or using a meat grinder.
- Banana mash or punch along with dried fruit.
- Add all the other ingredients according to the recipe and mix the dough well.
- After half an hour, pour it into a greased form. You can do without baking paper.
- Bake the dough at 180 ° C until the cake is fully cooked.
The same recipe is suitable for soft cottage cheese.That is, instead of kefir you will need to take a mixture of soft cottage cheese with sour cream. If it is granular, the product is rubbed through an iron sieve.
Some kefir hostesses in pie recipes are replaced with ryazhenka or "Snowball" (sweet sour-milk product). This is not recommended, as with them the dough turns out a little compacted and not lush. It is sour kefir in combination with baking soda or special baking powder that is responsible for raising the dough and its looseness.
For rosy color
If desired, manna on kefir (a classic recipe) can be made more rosy and attractive in appearance. Simply grease the surface of the dough before baking directly with beaten egg, yolk, heavy cream or milk.
Mannik with interlayer
Cheese can also act as a layer. This cake turns out just gorgeous! Take sweet melted cheese or other types of cheeses, which are often used in desserts and pastries:
- Pon Leveque;
A layer of cheese in the cake is placed in the middle between the layers of dough or on the surface. In the last version, it is baked into an appealing ruddy cap after the cake is ready.
Secrets and Tips
If you didn’t see the baking temperature and the cake began to burn, and the inside is still raw, you should reduce the heat and cover the cake with damp paper.
And if the black crust on the surface of the cake still formed, remove it will help the usual grater. From the burning will not remain a trace.
Decorate the baked cake with powdered sugar. You can simply sprinkle with a uniform layer or apply a stencil, sprinkle the sweet layer through it. Stencil fit with any pattern. As it even use openwork knitted napkins.
If a silicone mold is used for the test, it does not need to be covered with paper or foil, otherwise the drawing will not work. But be sure to coat the form with butter so that the dough does not stick.
Formed with a greased mold, sprinkle with a dry semolina. Then the cake will definitely not stick to the hot surface if you do not have baking paper.
For recipes with frozen berries: do not thaw them, roll in flour and throw in the dough. So the crumb will remain light yellow or whitish color, will not be painted in a berry shade. Get the original mannic. The classic recipe for milk can be enriched and dried berries.Beforehand, they need to be soaked in water for a couple of minutes.