Macaroons: a recipe at home. Macaroons: a step by step recipe
Macaroons, the recipe of which is described below, is a miniature cake or multi-layer cookies. Initially it may seem that in the preparation of this baking is nothing complicated. Just think, you just need to beat the whites with the powder, mix it with the prepared almond flour, drop it in small circles on a baking sheet, and that’s all - the delicacy is ready. However, things are not so simple.
How to make almond flour for macaroni
Almond flour - the main component of pastries - must be dry and very fine. It depends on its quality what the ready-made macaroons will taste like. The recipe for making almond flour knows, probably, even a beginner. But not always the flour at home is obtained as needed. However, even a simple macaroon recipe requires quality products, otherwise French cookies will turn into an unattractive flat cake.To make the flour of the desired quality, peeled almonds in small portions put in a coffee grinder and grind for 4-5 seconds. Basically, that's all. But if the almonds are not prepared in advance, the flour will be wet. To achieve the desired quality, it is pre-placed for half an hour in the freezer, and in the process of grinding combined with powdered sugar. This will allow the excess moisture to be drawn out of the almond, and the flour will not turn into a paste.
What should be the correct macaroons
Makarun cookies, the recipe of which is described below, has some standards:
- it should be round, smooth, appetizing;
- the surface must be flawless, without cracks and remnants of the filling;
- when pressing, the macarons should not stick to the fingers;
- real French pastry has a delicate crisp;
- the diameter of the classic macaroon is not more than 5 cm;
- their pride is a coquettish skirt le croûtage, without it it can be any pastry, but not French macaroons;
- the filling should be equal to the thickness of the baking and slightly go beyond the limits of le croûtage.
If you want to treat your family with something tasty and unusual, pay attention to chocolate macaroons.The recipe at home will take some time, but the result is worth it.
- cocoa - 35 g;
- almond powder - 165 g;
- icing sugar - 340 g;
- egg white - 180 g;
- granulated sugar - 75 g.
Cooking Chocolate Macarons
So, prepare chocolate macaroons. The recipe requires care from the hostess, so all the components it is desirable to prepare and weigh in advance. Almond flour, cocoa and powdered sugar are thoroughly mixed. Proteins are whipped at low speed until foam appears, and then they gradually add sugar and continue to beat until a dense and thick mass is obtained, as confectioners say, until stable peaks. Next, smooth movements mix egg and dry mix. The resulting mass is spread in a pastry bag and deposited on a baking sheet covered with parchment. Leave about an hour on the table to dry to form a crust. If this is not done, then cracks form on the surface, and this is unacceptable. Dried biscuits are baked in an oven preheated to 150 ° C for 15-20 minutes. Baked macaroons are removed from the pan and left to cool on paper. Do not try to remove the hot cookies, it should cool completely.
Cooking Chocolate Ganache
Chocolate macaroons, the recipe of which is described above, are most combined with chocolate ganache. It can be made from both white and dark chocolate. Take 100 g of chocolate and break it into small pieces, then pour 100 ml of preheated fat cream. Next, using a scoop knead the mixture until a homogeneous smooth mass. Ready ganache covered with plastic wrap and allowed to stand in a cold place for at least 10 hours.
Pink water and raspberry ganache macaroons
French pastry chefs have incredible imagination and can cook insanely tasty macaroons. The recipe at home should be repeated very accurately, then your cookies will absolutely not be different from those made by the French.
- egg white - 60 g;
- almond flour - 80 g;
- powdered sugar - 160 g;
- granulated sugar - 20 g;
- rose water - 10 ml;
- raspberry liqueur - 1 tsp;
- the dye is red.
Almond flour is mixed with powdered sugar. Proteins are whipped into a strong foam, gradually adding granulated sugar. Liquor, rose water and a dye are added to the finished proteins. Very carefully, so that the proteins do not fall, mix all the components. Next, combine the proteins with a dry mass and mix again.The resulting mixture is spread in a pastry bag with a suitable nozzle and deposited on a parchment-laid pan with pancakes with a diameter of about 5 cm. Let them dry and bake for 15 minutes at 150 ° C.
Ingredients for raspberry ganache:
- raspberries - 150 g;
- raspberry leeker - 10-20 ml;
- granulated sugar - 25 g;
- water - 10 ml;
- starch - 25 g;
- egg - 1 pc.
Raspberries frayed to obtain a puree mass. Starch is diluted with water. In a saucepan mixed raspberry puree, diluted starch, egg and sugar. Cook the mass on low heat until thick (5-7 minutes). At the end of cooking add liqueur.
We make cookies. Halves of ready-made macarons are glued together with cooled raspberry ganache. Before serving, allow to stand for at least 12 hours in a cool place.
Macaroons: a recipe from Liza Glinskaya
Liza Glinskaya recipes macaroon learned directly from the French masters. She perfected the skill of preparing them for more than one month and is now a true professional. She shares her knowledge in the program "Everything will be relish." Macaroons, a recipe that Lisa kindly provided, will be raspberry with lemon confit.
Ingredients for macaroon:
- ground almonds - 150 g;
- egg whites - 50 g;
- powdered sugar - 150 g.
Ingredients for meringue:
- powdered sugar - 145 g;
- water - 40 ml;
- egg whites - 55 g;
- food coloring.
Ingredients for confit:
- lemons - 1 kg;
- granulated sugar - 200 g;
- fresh raspberries - 35 pcs .;
- starch - 25 g
Cooking macaroni from Liza Glinskaya
So, we prepare macaroons. The recipe is step-by-step, so there are hardly any difficulties.
- Prepared ground almonds (you can buy ready-made, and you can do it yourself, as described above) are dried in an oven at a temperature of about 100-120 C.
- Mix flour and powdered sugar, pour in proteins and, without stirring, temporarily set aside.
- The sugar powder for meringue is dissolved with water and an arbitrary amount of food coloring is added. A saucepan with meringue is placed on the fire and boiled for 3-4 minutes. Then immediately removed.
- The whites are carefully whipped and at the same time a ready syrup is poured in a thin stream. First, whip proteins at high speeds, and then gradually reduce to a minimum. Beat until the mass is not at room temperature.
- Cutting board covered with parchment. Beaten in a strong foam protein mass is combined with the flour mixture.It is not recommended to interfere for a long time, since the mass can become liquid and spread when it is deposited on parchment.
- The finished mass is filled with a pastry bag and small circles are deposited on the dry parchment in a checkerboard pattern. So that the air comes out of the dough and the surface of the macaroon becomes smooth, it is enough to knock with a table on the table. Proper cookies should look like bulging tablets. They are left to dry for about an hour.
- Baked macaroons at 170aboutWith about 11 minutes. After the first 6 minutes, the oven door is opened, so that the accumulated moisture comes out. Ready-made macarons are immediately removed from the pan.
Cooking confit and assembling macarons
Lemons are carefully washed (you can pour over boiling water) and cut off the peel. Cut the peel into thin strips and boil it in water 4 times, constantly changing the water. This procedure will get rid of the bitterness characteristic of lemon peel. White partitions are carefully removed from the lemon pulp. Squeeze juice from residues. Next, combine the zest, lemon juice, sugar and the remaining pulp and boil over a minimum of fire, until no longer feel the grains of sugar.If the specified amount of sugar does not seem to be enough, it is allowed to add it during the cooking process. The main thing that he had time to completely dissolve. The starch is dissolved with water and added to the syrup. Cook until thick. Ready confit put in a cool place and cool for several hours.
When everything is ready, you can start assembling macaroons. Take one piece of biscuits and put confi on the edge. Put fresh raspberries in the middle and cover with the second half of the cookies. Next, slightly pressed to the halves are well glued. Ready-made macaroons with raspberries and lemon confit are spread on a beautiful serving dish and served for tea. Bon Appetit!