Job description of the librarian. Obligations and rights of a librarian
The activity of libraries is invaluablein the life of modern society. They function for many centuries, preserving books and other documents that are evidence of outstanding discoveries, accumulated knowledge and true faith of people. Libraries are considered to be the basis of the culture of mankind. They assist in the realization of the rights of each individual to receive information and use the achievements of civilization. This article will highlight the librarian's job description, his rights and duties.
Current status of the profession
Nowadays it's much harder to work in the library than in the old days, but it's much more fascinating. Sometimes libraries need to prove their indispensability in the modern world.
Librarian is one of the most beautiful professionson the ground. She is in that sphere of a person's life, in which the world of books and people, different time intervals, where one smoothly flows into another, constantly contact, demanding from the librarian great efforts to maintain a balance of equilibrium.
The awakening of spirituality, intelligence andhonesty in the souls of people is the main task of libraries in our country. The book in some cases is able to heal the wounds of the soul, overcome the disease and help a person cheer up.
Role of job description
It is common knowledge that coordination andThe effectiveness of each institution depends on the organization of the activities of the staff. A properly composed job description of a library librarian can provide an opportunity for a reasonable delineation and distribution of functional duties among library workers, and help in the generalization of the accumulated base of methods and methods of library work.
The significant role of the job description also lies in the following aspects:
- a clear division of responsibilities, rights and responsibilities of each employee of the library;
- reasonable selection, arrangement and application of personnel, taking into account the level of skills of library workers;
- strengthening the importance and influence of staff on the course of the processes of library work;
- material and moral encouragement of librarians for quality work;
- the introduction of sound labor standards.
The librarian's job description helpsmaintenance of labor discipline. It regulates the management's application of disciplinary measures to employees of libraries, negligently related to their labor duties.
Sections of job description
The standard job description of the librarian contains the following sections:
- General provisions. The section highlights the requirements for length of service of librarians, as well as the required level of skills of library workers.
- Official duties. In this section, the main labor responsibilities of library professionals occupy certain positions in this institution of culture. They vary somewhat depending on the specifics of the work of librarians. Let us assume that the job description of a librarian in a rural library may differ from that of a school librarian.
- Rights. The third section of the manual defines the rights and status of librarians.
- A responsibility. The section specifies the procedure and terms for the provision of reporting documentation and other stages of the work of librarians.
This instruction is usually approved by the director of the institution.
Rights of librarians
Librarians have the right:
- have information on management decisions that relate to their work;
- to submit recommendations for the improvement of their work to the authorities;
- receive from their colleagues information necessary for work;
- To involve specialists in the librarianship to solve questions concerning labor activity;
- To demand from the head of support in the performance of his labor duties and the rights covered in the job description.
Teacher-librarian: job description
The teacher-librarian works in general education institutions. In this position, most often teachers or librarians who have higher education work.
The teacher-librarian is in directsubordination of the head of the institution. In his work he is guided by the charter of the educational institution, job description and other documentation related to his work activity.
The work of a librarian teacher consists of certain tasks:
- educational, methodical and informational support of the learning process;
- preservation of the library's fund;
- ensuring the health of students during the educational process.
Duties of a school librarian
The job description of the school librarian determines the main duties of this specialist. These include:
- organization of the school library;
- formation, processing and storage of the library fund;
- maintenance of catalogs and files;
- servicing of students and teaching staff of the educational institution;
- writing off unsuitable literature for use, in accordance with established rules and regulations;
- registration of subscriptions to magazines and newspapers;
- follow the rules for labor protection and fire safety.
Job description of the librarian of the rural library-branch of the Centralized Library System
In the job description of the librarian working in the library, which is a branch of the centralized library system, the duties of this specialist are clearly spelled out.
The librarian must:
- keep records of the main indicators of library work (book issue, attendance and others);
- provide users with necessary literature;
- to participate in the process of acquisition of the library with books and periodicals;
- to study the experience of advanced libraries and apply it in practice;
- interact with other librarians of the system.
The job description of the librarian also highlights the requirements for the qualification of library professionals, according to the established levels of pay.
Functions of the department of acquisition and processing of literature
Most readers have no ideawork of this department of the library. The result of the painstaking work of the librarians of the acquisition and processing department is the library collections, processed and registered, taking into account all the requests and interests of users.
The department is engaged in responsible work: selects the necessary and interesting literature, which will enjoy the reader's demand, within the framework of financial security; cooperates with various publishing houses and book trade associations.
Job description of the librarian of the departmentacquisition and processing of literature says that one of the main duties of the staff of this department is the acquisition of library funds with books, as well as periodic and electronic publications. Each publication before taking its place on the bookshelf, is a library processing, which is carried out by specialists of this department.
All catalogs of the centralized librarysystems - accounting, alphabetic and systematic - are also created in this department. They are the main links in the reference and bibliographic apparatus of the library, which makes it possible to find all available editions in the book format in the fund.
The employees of this important department also work to ensure the safety of library funds.
The content of this structural unit of the central library
The department of manning and processing is headed by the head. He is directly responsible for his work.
The content of the work of this department includes certain processes of library activity:
- Planning the acquisition of funds.
- The current acquisition of a single fund of libraries of the system.
- Formation and maintenance of catalogs and card files.
- Library processing of new receipts.
- Execution of checks of book collections of libraries of the system.
Job description of the librarian carryinghis work hours in structural units and libraries-branches of the centralized library system, as well as in school and departmental libraries, is the main normative and legal document regulating his labor activity.