How to shoot shellac at home correctly
The new technology of nail coating - shellac - is gaining more and more new fans due to its incredible durability and strength. Today, shellac is not only a revolutionary, fashionable trend of the nail industry, but also a guarantee of long-term manicure. Simple and easy application, fast drying - and the coating will last for two to three weeks in its original form.
So, a perfect manicure was made by you personally, but you have to remove it soon, but this process is one of the most difficult. It is important not to damage the nail plate and gently remove all residual varnish. But how to do that? In today's publication we will explain how to shoot shellac at home and what tools will be needed for this. First, consider what is shellac.
Shellac: advantages and popularity
Revolutionary gel polish is a mixture of ordinary nail polish and gel coating used for building.Shellac is distinguished by high strength and resistance to external factors, has a rich palette of colors and is difficult to remove from nails. That is why many women have a question: "How to remove shellac independently, and in general, is it possible?"
The popularity of shellac in women of all ages and professions is explained by the following advantages:
- Nail polish keeps on the nails for several weeks without losing its original appearance.
- The technique of applying shellac is applied not only on extended nails, but also on normal ones. In addition, gel polish does not destroy the structure of the nails, but on the contrary, restores the nail plate and treats brittle nails.
- Shellac is hypoallergenic and has no unpleasant odor.
- Removing the coating does not require cutting the plate, and therefore, the risk of injury is neutralized. Women, puzzled by the question of how to remove shellac at home, are encouraged to be patient and have the necessary tools. The procedure is not so complicated.
- A wide choice of colors and shades will not leave indifferent any woman. In addition, it is possible to cover with such varnish both fingernails and toenails.
Set of tools
Before you take shellac at home, stock up on an arsenal of essential tools that will make the procedure easy and painless. You will need:
- orange stick;
- special liquid for removing shellac (if there is none, ordinary acetone-based liquid will come down);
- foil (plain aluminum or simple polyethylene);
- cotton pads or cotton wool;
- nail file;
- adhesive plaster without pads or tape.
You should not try to cut or tear off the coating, these actions will damage the surface of the nail plate and the skin around the nails, the restoration of which will take a lot of time.
Preparation of tools
How to remove shellac at home? Firstly, careful preparation of tools is important for accurate and prompt removal, and secondly, following the instructions. Cut the foil in such a way that it can wrap the finger in the nail. Make 10 strips. Each cotton pad is divided into 4 parts in the form of crescents, if cotton is used - divide it into several compact tampons. Adhesive tape or tape (narrow) cut into 10 small pieces. Wash hands thoroughly with soap and warm water and proceed with the procedure safely.withdrawals.
How to shoot shellac correctly: walkthrough
- Moisten a cotton swab in a liquid and cover it with a fingernail. Make sure that the liquid does not hit the skin, otherwise you will get a burn or an allergic reaction.
- Wrap with a foil nail together with a cotton swab. The width of the foil should be such that under it was the entire nail and part of the finger above it (6-8 cm). To securely fix the foil, secure it with additional tape. Do the operation with each nail.
- Having processed all fingers, leave compresses for 10-20 minutes. If you put thick colors, you need to keep as long as possible. In fact, the longer you hold the liquid on the nails, the better the result - the shellac will separate itself from the nail plate and it will not be injured.
- After the allotted time, before removing the sticky layer of shellac from all nails, remove the compress from one finger and check whether the coating has dissolved well. If you are satisfied with the result - gel varnish has become loose, free all fingers from the foil and, armed with an orange stick, gently and gently scrape off the remnants of shellac, moving from the cuticle to the edge of the nail.If the fluid worked well, the coating would be easily removed.
- Having finished with a persistent gel polish on all fingers, take a nail file and polish your nails, giving them a beautiful shape.
How to shoot shellac at home, we figured it out. As you can see, there is nothing difficult in this process. The main thing - stock up on the right tools and follow the detailed instructions.
How to remove the coating without foil
If suddenly you do not have a foil at hand - do not worry, you can remove the coating without it. To do this, plenty of moisten a cotton swab in acetone, wrap your finger and leave for 10 minutes. After a period of time, before removing the sticky layer of shellac, slightly pry the coating with an orange stick. If it lags behind the nail plate in the form of a thin film, it is time to scrape the entire layer. This method is not so popular and effective, as the gel polish is removed several times worse and it will have to be further cleaned with acetone.
Nail restoration: baths and masks
In order to mitigate the effects of the removal, lubricate the nails with a special balm, which will help to quickly restore the nail plate, disturbed by scraping.Do not forget to moisten and cuticles that are not left out when removing. The soonest restoration of nails and cuticles will contribute to the bath and mask. Recipes based on folk remedies are many, consider some of them.
In 150 g of warm water, add 1 tablespoon of sea salt and a few drops of iodine. Hold your fingers in such a bath for 15-20 minutes, and then grease them with a fat cream. The nails will become noticeably more beautiful, will acquire a fortress and a healthy gloss.
Dissolve a tablespoon of sea salt in warm water, put a little essential oil of bergamot, pine or incense into it. After the procedure, use a nourishing cream.
Heat 50 ml of the usual oil with a water bath, add a few drops of lemon juice, and hold the fingertips in the mixture for 10-15 minutes. The result will be amazing: the nails will be many times healthier, stronger and better groomed.
Take one spoonful of mint and turns and dissolve them with a glass of boiling water. Leave the mixture for 10 minutes and then hold it in your hands for about 15 minutes.
Pour a tablespoon of chamomile flowers with warm beer and hold in a water bath for 15 minutes. After the decoction has cooled, dip your nails in it for a few minutes.At the end of the procedure, lubricate your fingers with a moisturizer.
In order to fully restore the nail plate after scraping gel varnish, it is recommended to do the bath regularly, and not when you want.
By the way, if the coating in no way affected your nails, and the problem of how to remove shellac varnish without harm to their structure is not about you, you can apply it the very next day. Gel varnish, unlike similar coatings, is absolutely safe, does not contain formaldehydes and is suitable even for pregnant women and nursing mothers.
How to remove shellac in salons
In contrast to the long-term and not always safe procedure at home, the masters in the salons will remove the coating quickly and professionally, without harming the nails. In addition, they use special tools and tools for this. To begin with, a disposable swab with a sticky base is wetted in a special Product Remover solution and fixed on the nail plate, creating a kind of thimble. This is done so that the product is absorbed and dissolved gel polish. In addition, its plus is that the liquid does not drain from the nails and does not fall on the skin.
After about 10-15 minutes, the tampon is removed from the nails with shellac (there is no exact rule on how much shellac to remove, it depends on the features of the nail plate and the tools used). The remnants of the coating are gently removed with an orange stick, and that is it, since another device can damage the nail plate and scratch it. This procedure ends.
In fact, there are no special recommendations on how to remove shellac: at home or in the cabin. An independent procedure will help save finances, but in the case of an inaccurate removal will ruin your nails. However, the client of the salon cannot be insured from this fact - there are many cases of negligence and incompetence of the master. One way or another, you decide.