How to make 9% vinegar from 70%: calculations, formulas, measuring table
Vinegar - a universal remedy in culinary business. It is used as a dressing for salads, and as a component of the dough, and, of course, as an indispensable ingredient for preservation. In addition, it is useful in everyday life - for removing various kinds of contaminants from a variety of surfaces, scale, and unpleasant odors. But if you have only essence at hand, how to make 9% vinegar out of 70%? In the article we will answer this question in detail.
Yes, before finding out how to make 9% of 70% of vinegar, once again we remind you that vinegar essence is a product that is dangerous to the health and even the life of a person if it is not properly treated.
Therefore, always remember the following:
- You should have plenty of cold drinking water on hand.
- While working with aggressive essence, it is not recommended to drink other beverages, take food.
- Before you make 9% vinegar from 70% vinegar essence, check that you have a special measuring cup. Determining the volume "by eye", spoons or other containers is not suitable.
- In case of contact with vinegar or essence on the skin, mucous membranes, eyes, immediately wash the affected area with a large amount of running water!
- It will be harmful for a person to inhale vapors of concentrated acetic acid for a long time - this can lead to a burn of the respiratory tract.
- The prepared solution will tend to evaporate quickly, so keep it in a closed container away from direct sunlight.
Preparation of vinegar from the essence
If the vinegar is decomposed into parts, then 0.3 out of 1 will be water, and 0.7 out of 1 will be acid. By simple calculations, it can be revealed that a quarter glass of vinegar can be obtained from a teaspoon of the essence by diluting with water. From this, it is much more economical to dilute it from acetic acid than to buy a 6%, 7%, 9% solution.
How to make 9% vinegar from 70% acid? We need to dilute 1 tablespoon of essence with 7 tablespoons of water. Or 1 cup of acetic acid 7 cups of drinking water. It turns out from the following simple formula:
70% / 9% = 7.7 (rounding to 7).
For other concentrations of acetic essence, the following calculations will be correct for obtaining 9% vinegar:
- 80% essence: one part of acid is eight parts of water.
- 30% essence: on one part of acid two parts of water.
We gave more detailed calculations in the next subtitle.
How to make 9% vinegar from 70% essence: formula
Do not rush to use for the preparation of vinegar whole bottle of essence. Let's first calculate how much 70% of acetic acid we need. To do this, you can use a simple formula:
E = (Ky *ABOUTat) / Kuhwhere:
E is the volume of the essence;
TOat- The concentration of vinegar you need;
ABOUTat- The required volume of acetic solution;
TOuh- concentration (%) of the essence you have.
How to make 9% vinegar out of 70% using this formula? Suppose we need 50 ml of vinegar. Now all the values for the formula are:
E = (9 (%) * 50 (ml)) / 70 (%).
Having performed simple calculations, we find that we need 6.4 ml of 70% acetic essence. The rest of the volume, that is, 43.6 ml (50 ml - 6.4 ml), we fill with cold drinking water.
Not everyone in a hurry wants to understand the calculations and formulas. Therefore, for your convenience, we have compiled the following convenient table, which will tell you how to make 9% vinegar out of 70% and not only. Here it is shown how many parts of water are taken for one part of the essence in order to get the necessary concentration of vinegar.
|Essence Concentration||Vinegar concentration|
Using the table is simple. For example, you need to get 10% vinegar from 80% essence. To do this, dilute 1 tablespoon of acetic acid with 7 tablespoons of water.
Types of vinegar and essences
Vinegar is a product of souring fruit or berry juices, wines. In each country, depending on the climate and characteristic plantings for it, its own type of vinegar is popular. In Russia, for example, it is an apple. But how to make 9% vinegar from 70%, you can tell about a number of other essences that have their own distinctive features. For example:
- Balsamic. The most ancient recipe - mankind has been preparing it for a whole millennium! It is drawn in wooden barrels to a sticky consistency. Vinegar has an unusual dark color and a rich, but mild flavor.
- Wine white vinegar. Product processing of white wines. In many countries, it is valued for a special savory flavor.
- Red wine vinegar and its rarer variety are pink. It is already obtained from red wine varieties - merlot, malbec, cabernet.
- Apple. A product popular in our latitudes that has a characteristic amber shade and a tart sourish taste.Raw materials - apple cake or cider.
- Heresy The most expensive and rare type of vinegar. The process of its production is long and complex, and its raw material is an expensive wine made from the grape berries of Palomino Fino.
- Coconut, malt, rice wine vinegar is also popular in some countries.
In conclusion, we once again warn you that you need to be extremely careful when working with vinegar. Do not try it in undiluted form! Keep this product in a container with an explanatory label and out of the reach of children.