Fettuccine with chicken. Two recipes: classic and mushrooms
The basis of such an interesting dish as fettuccine with sauce is noodles made from durum wheat, which can be bought in supermarkets or made at home on your own. But it is worth considering that this dish is quite high in calories, and for those people who watch their figure, it is better to reduce the number of servings, which is almost impossible to do. After all, fettuccine with chicken is so tasty that it is not very easy to break away.
The origin of the dish
Who would doubt that Italy is the birthplace of this dish. But here is a paradox: now it is especially popular in the countries of America, but in the menu of Italian restaurants it is almost impossible to find. "Fetuchini" is translated from Italian as "ribbon." The interesting name and story is the same. One of the owners of an Italian restaurant, whose name was Alfredo Di Lelio, lost his appetite after giving birth to a son, and in order to please her at least with something, he invented a pasta recipe in a delicate creamy sauce.
Today, fettuccine is cooked not only with chicken, but also with seafood, mushrooms. Pasta can be made at home from eggs, semolina, flour, salt, water and olive oil. Cut the dough into thin strips, twist into nests and let dry.
- 200 grams of chicken fillet or breast.
- 50 grams of parmesan.
- A pound of fettuccine.
- A glass of cream 20% fat.
- 1/4 cup olive oil.
- Salt pepper.
- Two sprigs of parsley.
- Vegetable oil.
- First, rinse the meat well, if you use not the fillet, but the breast, remove the bones and remove the skin. Slice the chicken in small pieces, put it in a deep frying pan, fry in vegetable oil until an appetizing golden brown crust.
- Cheese rub, add to meat. Pour in the cream, salt and add the pepper. Cover the pan with a lid, simmer everything until the mass thickens.
- While the chicken comes, boil fettuccine in slightly salted water. Finished pasta rinse under cold water is not necessary, it is enough just to drain the excess liquid using a colander.
- Put the finished noodles on plates and cover with chicken in an appetizing sauce, if desired, sprinkle with grated cheese.Decorate the dish with a sprig of parsley.
Fettuccine with chicken in a creamy sauce goes well with dry white wine.
Recipe with mushrooms
The composition of the second recipe includes quite a few ingredients, but the paste turns out so tasty that, having prepared fettuccine with chicken and mushrooms at least once, you will resort to this recipe again and again. Unmatched taste, amazing flavor - no one can resist this dish.
- Fettuccine - 450 grams.
- Chicken fillet - 3 pieces.
- Olive oil - 2 spoons.
- 30 grams of Italian spices.
- A glass of 30% cream.
- 50 grams of butter.
- Sweet Bulgarian pepper (one green, one red).
- Three cloves of garlic.
- One red onion.
- 300 grams of fresh champignons.
- Four medium tomato.
- Half a cup of white wine.
- Salt, spices.
- Rinse the meat, cut into small pieces.
- Wash vegetables. Tomatoes pour boiling water for two minutes, then release for a few seconds in ice water, remove the skin. Pepper cleaned from small seeds and stems.
- Cut the onion into quarter-rings, pass the garlic through the press, cut the pepper into strips, and the tomatoes into cubes.
- Stir all the spices in a small container, grease the chicken pieces with half the mixture.
- Wash, dry, and slice the mushrooms.
- Heat a piece of butter and a spoonful of olive oil in a deep frying pan, place the pickled meat in a neat layer, fry quickly from both sides until golden brown, put the chicken on a plate. Do the same with the remaining meat.
- After the whole chicken is fried, add another spoonful of olive oil and a piece of cream to the same pan, put the mushrooms and all the vegetables, except tomatoes. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until tender. After that add tomatoes, salt, peppers, spices, simmer another five minutes. Put the vegetables to pieces of chicken.
- In the rest of the chicken and vegetables gravy pour wine, cream, simmer the mixture until thick.
- Put chicken and vegetables to the creamy sauce, add spices if necessary, simmer, cover the pan with a lid, 5 minutes.
- In a separate saucepan, boil water, add salt, pour the Italian noodles, stirring, cook after boiling for about 7 minutes. Fold fetuchini into a colander, let excess liquid drain.
- Put the pasta on a plate, pour the top mushroom sauce with meat and vegetables. Decorate with greens.
Literally 30 minutes - and the Italian dish fettuccine with chicken and mushrooms in an amazingly delicious creamy sauce is ready. Treat yourself and your family with delicious pasta. Consider that, perhaps, you will have to cook more than once, because, as already stated above, it is impossible to break away from this dish.