Fabric mako-satin for bed linen: composition, properties, reviews
Bright colors, light matte shine of the surface, softness and silkiness, felt when touched. Such impressions are caused by bedding made of mako-sateen when you first meet him. This noble material has much in common with traditional satin and cotton, and even surpasses them in some properties and characteristics. In our article we will take a closer look at what mako-satin is, what kind of fabric it is. Bed linen, reviews of which only confirm its high quality, is distinguished by the highest performance and ease of maintenance. All the advantages of the material and its minor drawbacks are presented in our article.
Satin or mako-satin?
Already on naming the fabric, it becomes clear that it has common properties with satin. Equally natural composition, identical type of weave, strength and durability are characteristic of both materials.But, estimating the price range of bedding sets, one can judge the best quality of mako-satin fabric. What is this fabric?
Photos and descriptions of mako-sateen confirm that the material has a characteristic light matte sheen. This is one of the varieties of conventional satin with a higher density (220 threads per cm2), but easy enough. Its weight is 125 g / m2. It is smooth and soft as satin, but has increased strength, which is explained by a more complex production method. Mako-satin is widely used for the production of elite bed linen of famous brands. Due to the similarity with silk, the material is also used in the manufacture of various women's and men's clothing, for example, blouses, dresses, shirts, skirts, scarves, ties.
Composition and features of production
Unlike satin, which can be added synthetic or artificial yarns, the composition of mako-sateen is always 100% natural. The material is made from expensive Egyptian long-staple cotton, whose growth requires special climatic conditions. Its fibers are thinner and lighter, but the plant growth is 2 times slower, and the yield is much lower.
The harvested cotton is carefully combed and cleaned using electronic technology.To increase its strength, the fiber is mercerized (treated with sodium hydroxide, followed by washing). This allows you to get shiny and the same thickness of the fiber, from which the best fabric mako-satin. Reviews confirm that the silkiness of the material is not inferior to silk, but at the same time bedding made of mako-sateen does not slip so much. Fabric is made by a sateen interlacing twice the twisted threads, as well as sateen.
Expensive and prestigious mako-sateen underwear justifies its price due to its unique properties. The most important of them are:
- natural composition and environmental safety of raw materials:
- hypoallergenic, which allows people with sensitive skin to use it;
- high tensile strength and resistance to abrasion;
- crush resistance;
- unpretentiousness in leaving - a machine wash at a temperature of 60 degrees;
- maintains up to 300 washings without loss of the unique properties.
Mako-satin is not deformed during washing and retains the brightness of colors. The material does not shrink and no pellets form on its surface.
How to choose bed linen?
Since bed linen from expensive fabrics are often fake, when choosing a kit for sleeping should follow the following recommendations:
- Pay attention to the fabric structure. It should be dense, not stretch and not shine through.
- Bed linen should not have a pronounced unpleasant smell of cheap dye.
- The seams should be neat, not crumble at the cut.
- Buy mako-satin linen only in specialized stores. In the market such an expensive kit is unlikely to be on sale. Most likely, you will be offered a fake instead.
Features care for bed linen from mako-sateen
Bed linen from mako-sateen does not require special, delicate care. But in order for the sleep kit to serve you as long as possible, it is recommended to adhere to the following rules for washing and ironing:
- Wash products made inside out in an automatic washing machine;
- washing is carried out at a temperature not higher than 60 degrees;
- before loading into the washing machine, all stains must be removed beforehand;
- the fabric dries quickly and does not need ironing;
- if there is a need to iron the fabric, then it should be done in the mode for cotton fabrics, and the bed linen itself should be slightly not finished.
Subject to these conditions, bed linen made of mako-sateen will serve you for many years without losing your qualities.
Mako-satin - what is this fabric? Bed linen: reviews and benefits
Among the buyers of bed linen made of mako-sateen is not to find people who would not like this fabric. For tactile sensations, appearance and performance only with silk, you can compare mako-satin. Reviews bed linen from this material collected only positive:
- it has a 100% natural composition, suitable for allergies and people with sensitive skin;
- looks elegant and expensive;
- well washes off, does not fade and does not sit down when washing;
- durable, withstands up to 300 washes;
- it is possible not to iron that considerably saves the electric power.
Bed linen made from expensive Egyptian cotton has no flaws, which is fully confirmed by customer reviews.