Dried apricots during breastfeeding: when to include in the diet and the rules for choosing the ideal product
A nursing mother will need a lot of macro and micronutrients, vitamins and other nutrients to recover and normalize the digestive tract after childbirth. Dried apricots, which are considered to be a good substitute for chocolate and sweets, can help in this.
But for the stomach of a newborn, such a product is too heavy, which is why breast-fed dried apricots should enter the mother’s diet at a strictly defined time. To avoid mistakes, it is worth learning more when to eat these dried fruits and how they are useful.
The composition of dried apricots
Apricot trees are considered the northern provinces of China. There they were cultivated long before our era.
There are 3 types of dried apricots:
- dried apricots- small fruits, dried with stones;
- dried apricots- dried halves of large fruits, no bones;
- kaisa- dried fruits entirely, but before the production of them squeeze the seeds.
Most often, it is dried apricots that fall on our table, and it can replace fresh fruit in the winter and off-season. And if by the amount of vitamins dried apricots are inferior to fresh fruits, then the content of mineral substances in it is much higher, which is especially important for nursing mothers.
As a part of dried apricots especially emit:
- iron compounds;
- easily digestible carbohydrates;
- vitamins A, C, E, PP, B1, B2;
- organic acids (malic, tartaric).
Of course, fresh apricots are also a source of many nutrients. So, apricot juice in the amount of slightly less than a glass satisfies the daily human need for vitamin C.
What is useful dried apricots?
Since each product eaten by a woman in one form or another gets into the milk, the well-being of the child depends on the diet of mothers.Therefore, one can understand the skepticism of newly minted parents about dried apricots during lactation.
Doctors not only prohibit, but also directly recommend eating dried apricots while breastfeeding.
Natural sweetness is very uplifting, helps to cope with depression, which often appears after childbirth.
These dried fruits contain a large amount of potassium (5-6 times more than fresh fruit), which, with regular use:
- normalizes the work of many internal organs, in particular the heart and the gastrointestinal tract;
- removes excess fluid, which contributes to the normalization of the functioning of the kidneys and removal of edema;
- reduced blood pressure;
- strengthens and "calms" the nervous system;
- improves muscle tone.
In addition, due to the large number of useful components of dried apricots, dried apricots can be considered a truly healing fruit.
- Dried fruit helps mom reduce cholesterol and “raise” hemoglobin, while at the same time improving the female condition in case of anemia.
- The dried apricot improves the general condition of the skin, nails, contributes to the natural shine of the hair, which is especially important for new mothers after carrying the child and the generic process.
- Bright sweet dried fruits are enriched with polysaccharides and fiber, and this significantly improves the activity of the gastrointestinal tract of mothers and newborns. That is why doctors recommend dried apricots with HB to prevent constipation.
- Magnesium-containing compounds, which are contained in dried fruits, help lower blood pressure, bringing it to normal levels.
- Vitamin complex moms returns the same beauty, promoting regeneration and healing of tissues, reducing the severity of stretch marks. This is due to the saturation of cells with collagen and elastin proteins.
- A variety of fruit acids and polysaccharides struggle with various harmful substances - salts of heavy metals, for example. Since the mothers organism is cleared of slags, it means that the baby gets the most useful milk for the child.
Probable harm of dried apricots when feeding
Dried apricots when breastfeeding mom should be eaten with great care. Due to the rich chemical composition of dried apricots can negatively affect the well-being of the woman or the health of the newborn.
- Dried apricots are digested for a long time, which is why the child's digestive tract in the first month of life cannot cope with the high concentration of heavy components that get to the baby with mother's milk. That is why experts in feeding newborns recommend mom to use compote or infusion of dried apricots.
- Dried fruits contain much more indigestible plant residues than in fresh apricots. Due to an excessive amount of fiber, mother, and, therefore, babies, is threatened with flatulence, intestinal colic and other digestive disorders.
- Orange berries have the ability to lower blood pressure, so they are useful for moms with hypertension. But women with hypotension must be respected, limiting the portion of dried apricots to 40-60 grams per day.
- If mother already had to deal with hypersensitivity reactions to apricot juice, orange fruits and berries (peaches or sea buckthorn), then dried apricots during breastfeeding should be completely excluded.
Thus, dried apricots have a number of limitations.Moms should stop using them if she has:
- allergic to certain orange fruits;
- apricot intolerance;
Can mother eat dried apricots during lactation in the absence of such contraindications? Not just possible, but even necessary, but only on the condition of a competent introduction to the diet.
How to properly nursing mom have dried apricots?
Experts advise to introduce dried apricots in the women's menu even during the period of carrying a baby. If a pregnant woman eats up to 100 grams of dried apricots a day, it will be possible to normalize the activity of the digestive tract and remove the edemas that are so troubling to future mothers.
When can you eat dried apricot berries for a mother who feeds her milk? There are specific rules approved by doctors:
- In the first 2-3 months of a child's life, orange dried fruits should not be consumed in its pure form - it will be more beneficial to make compote or tincture.
- Many vitamins will remain in the product, and the effects on the digestive tract will significantly soften. That is why compote of dried apricots will allow babies to avoid colic and increased gas.
- As soon as the baby is 3 months old, and his digestive system becomes stronger, the mother can use both compote and dried apricots in their pure form, gradually adding them to various dishes.
- Enter the orange fruit in the menu of nursing mothers gradually and with special care. For the first time it will be enough to eat two or three berries, while you need to monitor the child's reaction to milk (possible rashes, colic, diarrhea). If you experience difficulties to dried apricots should return in a month or two months.
Another common question is when can you give dried apricots to a baby? Of course, in the first month of life such a dish is excluded. But from the tenth month, a baby suffering from constipation can already be given compote from dried apricot. This issue must be addressed with a pediatrician!
How to choose dried apricots?
Whether dishes from dried apricot will be useful for mom and baby depends on the correct raw materials.
Shops and collective farm markets offer great-looking berries - bright orange, large, with a shiny surface.
However, the appearance, as often happens, is deceptive."Glossy appearance" of dried apricots says that sulfuric anhydride will be used for drying. Use it to destroy pathogenic bacteria, fumigating the fruit with smoke.
The goal is undoubtedly noble, but this technology is unsafe for breast milk and, accordingly, the baby. Naturally, such fruits cannot be eaten by the mother herself, make compote from her and subsequently given to the baby.
Dried apricots, dried by all the rules, usually look unappetizing and unpresentable:
- different yellowish or brownish tinge;
- dried fruit is small, round, not oblong;
- denser, drier and harder than those treated with sulphurous anhydride;
- but much tastier and more aromatic.
After purchasing dried fruits, they should be thoroughly washed under running warm water and steamed for about a quarter of an hour in boiling water. Such preparation allows you to remove likely pathogens and chemicals.
Recipes for moms
The taste and quality of mother's milk depends on the nutrition of the woman, so natural feeding is a rather difficult “science”.You ate something, and through the milk with you feeds and crumb. That is, both mother and child are paying the price for any mistake.
Dry apricots can be combined with a variety of salads, rice porridge and meat products. Offers a few simple recipes that you can cook to pamper yourself, and through the milk - and a little gourmet.
Of course, compote is not natural apricot juice, but many useful qualities are preserved in it. You can give it to a child who has gone the tenth month of life.
For the manufacture of dishes will need:
- a glass of dried apricots;
- as many prunes;
- as many dried grapes;
- three liters of water;
- sugar or honey (at your discretion).
Prepare the compote as follows:
- You rinse the dried fruit and soak it for a quarter of an hour.
- Water is heated in the cooking tank, then squeezed fruits are added to it.
- Boil compote need 30-35 minutes.
- Then you have to strain the boiled juice through the gauze and cool.
- After cooking, honey is added, the juice is poured into jars and clogged.
- Compote need to insist about 60 minutes.
Ready "juice" is suitable for moms and even for young children. You can give a similar drink to a child when he no longer has enough milk to drink.
Dried apricots cheesecakes
A woman who nurses a baby with milk should occasionally indulge herself (and baby, of course) with cheesecakes with dried fruit. To prepare this dish, you must take the following products:
- half a kilo of curd mass;
- 2 eggs;
- a medium sized apple;
- 50 grams of dried apricots;
- 120 grams of sour cream.
The process of making cheesecakes looks quite simple:
- First of all, you should grind the curd mass with a fork or blender.
- Break an egg.
- Then you need to remove the peel from the apple, rub it on a grater and mix it with the egg-curd mixture.
- Dried apricots are cut and added to other products. Everything is mixed up.
- Then you have to form small balls, lower them into a batter from a beaten egg.
- The next step is to give the balls the form of a flat cake and spread it on a sheet covered with parchment.
- Cheese cakes are baked in the oven at a temperature of 200 degrees.After the appearance of the crust, the dish is removed. It is served with sour cream.
Since feeding with milk imposes certain restrictions on a woman, including in the use of sweet, a similar dish will surely please nursing mommy.
After giving birth, mothers have many questions. For example, are dry fruits allowed for lactating women, as far as they are useful for a small child? Dried apricots can help restore strength, normalize the digestive tract, improve mood and restore shine and beauty to the skin and hair. The most important condition - to observe moderation!