Creamed custards on milk: recipes with photos
Unfortunately, not every housewife has tasty thin pancakes. Sometimes you want to treat your relatives with delicate sweet pastries, but instead you get a dense flat cake with a sticky center. This is the result of errors in the process of kneading dough and violation of cooking technology. To learn to bake, as in a pancake, you only need to know the classic recipes and recommendations of professional bakers. And the easiest way to cook the scalded pancakes, which will be loved in your family.
What problems do housewives encounter most often?
- The dough took clumps and it takes a long time to knead them to get a homogeneous mass. Custard pancakes are devoid of such a disadvantage, so you can safely experiment.
- Damn tightly sticks to the pan to turn it over, you have to break into pieces. If time after time you encounter such a problem, then it's time to try the choux pastry.You just need to let it stand for 15 - 20 minutes - and the finished products will jump out of the pan themselves.
- Baking turns out pale or damn completely devoid of holes. It is tight and "rubber". Custard pancakes do not have this disadvantage, they even turn out to be openwork and airy for an inexperienced hostess.
If you decide to cook a dish using a new recipe, it is very important to know that the result will be worth the effort. Do not worry, baking will turn out great. Custard pancakes are no different in taste from their classic counterparts. Therefore, you can safely bake and not be afraid.
The peculiarity is that boiling water is added to the finished dough. Each recipe is slightly different, but the principle is the same for all. And if the husband asks for thin pancakes with holes, then this version of the test will be a real find.
General principles of cooking
Despite the abundance of recipes, there is something that unites them. Therefore, we first study the rules and recommendations, and then proceed directly to the recipes. Custard pancakes with milk are baked from the most common products in every kitchen.
- The dough is prepared with or without yeast.Here you can act on your own discretion and taste. Unleavened dough turns out quickly, which is very convenient if you make pancakes for breakfast. Usually it is kneaded from wheat flour, but you can replace the corn or any other part. In this case, the taste of the finished product will be different.
- The recipe for scrambled pancakes necessarily includes milk, flour, salt and sugar, vegetable or butter. But eggs are not always added. Therefore, if you or your family members are allergic to egg white, this recipe may be a good solution. At the same time, pancakes are no less ruddy than those made with eggs.
- Brew already finished dough. First, mix all the ingredients, and then with continuous stirring, boiling water or boiling milk is introduced. Thanks to this unusual technique, porous and bubble products are obtained.
By the way, boiled water custard pancakes can be thin and thick. The thickness is regulated by increasing or decreasing the amount of dough that is poured on the pan. A different amount of milk also allows you to adjust the final thickness of the products.
With and without filling
From this test, thin, delicate, but rather elastic and strong pancakes are obtained. They can be eaten "empty" by simply rolling them up and dipping them into various sauces, sour cream or jam. And you can wrap the stuffing in them. If you plan to cook a snack with mushrooms, meat or fish, then you can put less sugar in the dough. And if you wrap up sweet curd, dried fruits and berries, you can increase the amount of sugar a little. It all depends on taste preferences, so we will not dwell on this, we turn to the composition.
Such baking affects the simplicity of preparation. Since the recipe does not include yeast, you do not have to wait for their dissolution and fermentation. Custard pancakes on milk with boiling water are made in just a few minutes. The result is a delicious pastry: delicate, thin, openwork with mouth-watering holes. All the ingredients are usually on hand at every hostess:
- The total volume of fluid - 1 liter. It includes 800 ml of milk and 200 ml of boiling water.
- Egg - 2 pcs.
- Salt 1/2 tsp.
- Vegetable oil - 2 tbsp. l
- Sugar - 2 tsp.
- Butter - to lubricate the finished pancakes.
Guide to action
And now we will look at how to act in order to make excellent baking. On thematic forums, it is often possible to meet posts in which hostesses complain that, despite the use of different recipes, they were dissatisfied with the results. So let's get started.
- The first thing to do in the cup is to break the eggs, add sugar and salt. Beat them until fluffy foam. If you want to get pancakes with beautiful holes, then the whisk will have to be quite good. Bubbles appear on the surface, and the mass whitens.
- Flour need to sift and pour in the beaten eggs.
- Heat the milk and pour a small amount into the flour and eggs mixture. Stir thoroughly. It turns out pretty thick smooth mass without lumps. Now gradually pour out the rest of the milk and mix.
- Preheat pan, cook a dish under pancakes, spatulas for turning them and butter for lubrication.
- When the pan is ready, you need to pour boiling water into the dough, then fats, mix and start baking.
- Do not forget to stir the mass before gaining a new baking piece.
- The consistency should be liquid, approximately as cream 10%.Only in this case you will get thin and porous products.
As you can see, there is nothing difficult. Thin custard pancakes are baked very quickly. For this, it is enough to pour a little less than half of the soup ladle into the pan at one time. Gently spread the mass over the bottom and bake for about 30 seconds. After that, turn over and after 5 seconds you can shoot.
Here every owner chooses the way she likes. Our grandmothers usually laid a pancake on dishes and put a piece of butter on top. When it was covered on top with a second, hot pancake, the oil spread out and soaked both of them at once. So interlaid the whole pile.
Today, housewives prefer to use the culinary brush. To do this, melt butter in a cup. After that, it remains to put it next to the dish for finished products. When the next pancake is baked, it should be abundantly lubricated with a brush and rolled in an arbitrary way. If you want to make them sweeter, then still hot pancake should be sprinkled with sugar.
Brew hot milk
Unlike the previous recipe, boiling water will not be used here.The dough is immediately brewed with milk. You will need the following ingredients:
- Milk - 4 tbsp.
- Eggs - 3 pcs.
- Flour - 1 tbsp.
- Sugar - 3 - 4 tbsp. l
- Salt is a pinch.
- Vegetable or butter - 2 - 3 tbsp. l
The cooking process is as follows. In one cup you need to mix all the bulk ingredients. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs and pour a thin stream of warm milk over them in a thin stream. Be sure to stir the mixture constantly. Now add bulk ingredients and whisk again. The remaining milk should be heated to almost boiling.
The last step, pour out the milk and add fat. Leave the dough to stand for 15 minutes, after which you can start cooking. This recipe for custard pancakes with milk can be a favorite in your collection. In just 15 minutes, you will cook the dough and within an hour, finish the baking and feed the family with a hot breakfast.
Pancakes with soda
This ingredient is added to make the dough more lush. Thanks to him, we get a bubbly structure and numerous holes. You will need to cook:
- Milk - 300 g
- Flour - 1 cup.
- Egg - 1 pc.
- Sugar - 3 tbsp. l
- Oil - 3 - 4 tbsp. l
- On a quarter of h.soda and citric acid.
- A pinch of salt.
The first step is to heat the milk almost to the boil. Slowly add flour to it. The main thing - do not stop interfering with the dough. Let it stand for 30 minutes. Before baking, add the remaining ingredients and beat the mixture. Heat the pan well. The quality of the obtained pancakes depends on it. The hotter the surface, the more porous the product will become. If the hostess is in a hurry to pour out the dough, the product sticks and turns pale.
Here, two ingredients will be used as a baking powder. This is yeast and soda. Pancakes are more lush and not as thin as in previous cases. To prepare the dough, you will need:
- Milk - 800 g
- Boiling water - 2 cups.
- Sugar - 4 tsp.
- Salt - on the tip of a knife.
- Egg - 2 pcs.
- Yeast - 1 tsp.
- Flour - approximately 800 g.
The first thing you need to beat in a cup of milk and eggs. Add sugar and salt. After that pour half the dough and yeast. The dough should work out like pancakes. Place the bowl in a warm place for about 2 hours. When it comes, add vegetable oil, and then pour 2 cups of boiling water in a thin stream.It remains to pour the rest of the flour. If you want to get thin pancakes, then it may need less. The cooler you knead the dough, the thicker the pancakes will be. Do not forget that as a result it should be poured into the pan, and not rolled in the manner of cakes.
Instead of conclusion
Recipe with a photo of scrambled pancakes with yeast scares newbies with its complexity. In fact, there is nothing fundamentally new in this recipe. But it takes a lot more free time. Making pancakes in this way is much longer, but the result will surely please you. Products turn out soft and very tasty. They are easily soaked with honey or jam and just melt in your mouth. They are very popular with adults and children. In addition, you can take several types of flour. In this case, the taste of pancakes will be completely new.